This page provides information on how we handle information provided to us
Data Protection Principles
We will treat your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and any other relevant data protection law. iotaSciences is the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998. The information you provide may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area that do not have similar protection in place regarding your personal data and its use as set out in this policy.
If you have any queries or concerns about privacy on this website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write
- The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website whose personal data is being collected, held or processed.
- The terms ‘Iota Sciences’ or ‘iotaSciences’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refer to the owner of the website.
- For the purpose of this policy, “staff” means employees, consultants, temporary workers, agency and casual workers, contractors, volunteers and those on work placements providing services to/working for iotaSciences.
When you contact us either through this website or otherwise, we may ask you to provide limited personal information such as:
- Your name
- The name of the company or entity you are representing or on which behalf you are contacting us
- your phone (including mobile phone), fax and e-mail details
- your feedback and survey responses
- where you have requested that we keep you informed of our career opportunities, your CV
How the information is used
We will only use your personal information for the purposes stated when the information is requested or, in the absence of any further statement, for the purposes set out in this policy as set out below:
- We will use this information to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us by processing orders, preparing for and shipping goods, providing the services requested or support services, answering requests for information, receiving and sending communications or carrying such other tasks as required from time to time
- We may use your personal information to send you updates of iotaSciences’ activities and of products and services identical or similar to those you ordered or inquired about and update marketing lists
- We may also use the information to generate statistical data to track activity on our site to help us improve its content, functionality and security
We will never sell your personal information to third parties, or provide it to direct marketing companies or other such organisations without your permission.
We may disclose your personal information if legally required to do so or to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of iotaSciences, iotaSciences’ website or its visitors.
If our business is sold, transferred or merged with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers. It may also be passed on to the new owners of the business.
How we store collected information
Transmissions of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
However, once we have received your information, we will take appropriate measures to keep personal data secure and to try and prevent unauthorised disclosure and accidental loss. We store all information you provide to us securely either manually or electronically.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Information provided will be kept for only as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was submitted.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to:
- request a copy of your personal data (in accordance with the Data protection Act 1998, Iota Sciences reserves the right to charge a fee of £10 to meet the cost of this request)
- request that your inaccurate personal data is corrected
- request that your personal data is deleted and destroyed if it is causing damage or distress